Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies managing an extensive portfolio of travel-focused websites operating under the brand names CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama. All our brands provide both search and book capability for flight combinations worldwide on both legacy and low cost airlines. In addition, our booking websites offer attractive pricing for hotels, rental cars and other ancillary products such as insurances, airport parking & transfers. We operate our five brands in over 40 countries; employ more than 550 people with over 50 different nationalities worldwide.
Commercial Analyst Germany, Switzerland, Austria
Currently we are hiring a Commercial Analyst Germany, Switzerland, Austria to lead Travix’ brands in Continental Europe (Flugladen.de, Cheaptickets.de, Cheaptickets.ch, Flugladen.at) to a sustainable and significant market position. In this exciting role you commercially lead an indirect reporting team of specialists from many different areas such as marketing, pricing, air specialists. You own the budgets, the sales P&L and business plans of the region and you play the game in a very competitive industry with airlines, META search parties and other travel agencies. This role reports to our Commercial Director Europe.
You will be challenged to establish a significant growth in our market positions in the region. You are the person in charge and you act as an entrepreneur who runs and builds the DACH region within the global Travix business. This role offers a unique chance to truly take ownership in driving the successful growth of our business.
As this is a commercial position within an already established business you will need to collaborate strongly with stakeholders and involved teams to line them up on key goals for the region. You will indirectly lead a commercial team of marketing and sales professionals. You will also steer product, proposition, pricing and supply initiatives and hugely depend on your collaboration skills.
This is a highly visible role in the organization in which you are the key linking pin between multiple internal teams and external suppliers.
Your main responsibilities include:
· Creating the business plan for a specific country website including P&L
· Short and long-term local development of website and shop
· Driving sales and margins in order to build a profitable and sustainable position in a country
· Achievement of the goals and targets set by Travix and for managing the various budgets made available for this purpose;
· Maintaining contact with the marketing, sales and supply partners;
· Market analysis: closely monitor trends, constant awareness of what consumers want and what the competition does
· Managing the budget and create executive information and reports to present to the Management Team
· Steering a team and internal colleagues, focused on on-site sales via marketing, market analysis, campaigns, branding and conversion.
What you bring to the table
We are looking for a highly driven, ambitious candidate with previous sales and/or marketing experience in (e)commerce environment, who is ready for his/her second or third step in one’s career.
Furthermore, as ideal candidate you will have:
· Bachelor / Masters degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or Marketing
· 3 years of experience in a sales or marketing position in an (e)commerce environment. Experience in the airline or travel industry is an advantage.
· Affiliation with data analysis and statistics is a must.
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically; combined with strong commercial acumen;
· Good verbal and written communications skills in German and English;
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous change is desired;
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding our business, our product and the competitive landscape;
· Good understanding of cultural differences that can affect the purchasing process of customers