Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies managing an extensive portfolio of travel-focused websites operating under the brand names CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama. All our brands provide both search and book capability for flight combinations worldwide on both legacy and low cost airlines. In addition, our booking websites offer attractive pricing for hotels, rental cars and other ancillary products such as insurances, airport parking & transfers. We operate our five brands in 37 countries, employ more than 550 people with over 50 different nationalities worldwide. Travix has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, India, Curaçao, Singapore, the UK and the USA.
Java Development Team
The Java team is split between London and Amsterdam, and is part of the Travix development organisation. The development teams are continuously delivering new features in a fully automated test and deploy environment. Currently the agile teams work closely together to deliver web api's with state-of-the-art technology like: Elasticsearch to analyse TB's of data daily, Cassandra database to optimize for reads and scale super big, Couchbase cache clusters, hystrix circuit breakers,microservices, cloud deployments and more. The Amsterdam based development teams collaborate closely with the London based
The Amsterdam based team is currently focussed on building external/supply connectivity APIs for the cross sell products and green-field applications, and are using state-of-the-art Java technologies, like Java 8, Spring Boot, Reactive programming with Java RX, etc.
Everyday, we develop web-based applications for our brands Vayama, Budgetair and Cheaptickets that millions of travellers use to plan, book and experience trips they will remember forever. If you are a Java Developer seeking new and exciting challenges where you can make a real impact, you’ll want to be a part of this.
A successful candidate must have proven experience in ALL the following: Java 7, Linux, Spring Boot, Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, REST API, Web Services, GIT, Maven.
In addition, the candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge or experience in SOME of the tools below: Java8, MySQL, JPA, Hibernate, CouchBase, Ehcache/ Memcache/Redis, Spring Integration, Spring Data and Kubernetes, Docker, Hystrix, AspectJ, Eclipse/IntelliJ.
● Design and implement powerful, highly scalable, and reliable services
● Work with Product Owner(s), Designers, Development (Frontend & Backend) and Systems Engineering to design, develop, test and deploy world-class software
● Have a passion around bringing innovative ideas and functionality into production
● Participate in design discussions, and translate business requirements into technical tasks
● Be part of a dynamic, continuously delivering team using Agile development process
● Provide code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object-oriented and functional programming techniques
The above are just a few of the responsibilities in this position. This position comes with the autonomy to introduce your own ideas and creativity to build a strong and solid technical environment.
What you bring to the table:
We are looking for people with a flexible and results-oriented mentality, who loves to develop new things and are enthusiastic about their area of expertise!
We think it’s important you have:
● 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Java developer.
● Experience with core Java technologies - multithreading, JDBC, J2EE, JMS, networking, NIO
● Experience with Travel industry domain is a big plus
● Familiarity with Agile software methodologies
● A strong drive to learn new internet technologies
● Excellent communication skills
● Experience of working in a continuous delivery environment
● Must have experience in design and development of distributed, scalable and highly available systems (SOA preferably in Microservices design pattern, Event Driven Architecture)
● Writes well designed, testable, efficient code.
● Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
● Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
● Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
● Deep understanding of the Agile practices of TDD, Pair Programming, and CI/CD
● Demonstrable experience in at least one technology stack, including a selection of the following: Spring (e.g. Core, MVC, Integration, Data, SpringBoot, Cloud), Integration Technologies (Spring Integration, Microservices, REST, JSON)
● Understand the importance of creating highly readable and easily maintainable source code
What you can expect
● We have technically challenging green-field projects
● Your software is used everyday by thousands of consumers around the world
● Competitive salary, holiday allowance, and other great benefits!
● Covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances!
● A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you!
● Follow fun Dutch language courses @ Travix with your colleagues!
● There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
● 30.5 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!
● Top floor offices in the centre of Amsterdam, next to Central Station!
● Nice to have perks: Free fruit,company bar & free beer, foosball / table tennis competitions, great company events, good food and team activities.
Of course you are! Do you recognize yourself in the profile, we look forward receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button.