Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies managing an extensive portfolio of travel-focused websites operating under the brand names CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir,
Java Development Team
The Java team is split between London and
The London based team is currently focused on building external/supply connectivity APIs and green-field applications, and are using state-of-the-art Java technologies, like Java 8, Spring Boot, Reactive programming with Java RX, etc.
Every day, we develop web-based applications for our brands Vayama, Budgetair and Cheaptickets that millions of travelers use to plan, book and experience trips they will remember forever. If you are a Java Developer seeking new and exciting challenges where you can make a real impact, you’ll want to be a part of this.
A successful candidate must have proven experience in ALL the following: Java7, Linux, Spring Boot, Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, REST API, Web Services, GIT, Maven
In addition, the candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge or experience in
● Design and implement powerful, highly scalable, and reliable services
● Work with Product Owner(s), QA, Development and Systems Engineering to design, develop, test and deploy
● Have a passion around bringing innovative ideas and functionality into production
● Participate in design discussions, and translate business requirements into technical tasks
● Be part of a dynamic, continuously delivering team using Agile development process
● Provide code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good
object-oriented and functional programming techniques
The above are just a few of the responsibilities in this position. This position comes with the autonomy to introduce your own ideas and creativity to build a strong and solid technical environment.
What you bring to the table:
We are looking for people with a flexible and results-oriented mentality, who loves to develop new things and are enthusiastic about their area of expertise!
We think it’s important you have:
● 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Java developer.
● Experience with core Java technologies - multithreading, JDBC, J2EE, JMS, networking, NIO
● Experience with Travel industry domain is a big plus
● Familiarity with Agile software methodologies
● A strong drive to learn new internet technologies
● Excellent communication skills
● Experience of working in a continuous delivery environment
● Must have experience in design and development of distributed, scalable and highly available systems (SOA
preferably in Microservices design pattern, Event Driven Architecture)
● Writes well designed, testable, efficient code.
● Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering
high-availability and performance.
● Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management
● Deep understanding of the Agile practices of TDD, Pair Programming, and CI/CD
● Demonstrable experience in at least one technology stack, including a selection of the following: Spring (e.g.
Core, MVC, Integration, Data,
Microservices, REST, JSON)
● Understand the importance of creating highly readable and easily maintainable source code
What you can expect
● We have technically challenging green-field projects
● Your software is used every day by thousands of consumers around the world
● Monthly salary, holiday allowance, and other great
● Employer contributions into a personal pension.
● Life insurance equating to 4 x salary
● London zone 1 travel support
● Health cover for each employee
● A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you!
● There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
● 25 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!