Travix is a global online travel company operating in 35 countries from offices in the Netherlands, Germany, UK, India, Singapore and the USA. With our 5 brands and an extensive portfolio of websites we are market leaders in several countries and growing rapidly on all continents. We are passionate about what we do. Every day we help thousands of people to find the best flights. We inspire them and guide them through their travel journey.
Key Purpose and Scope
- Manage the product development process. Adapt and react quickly to business needs.
- Work with software and systems engineering teams to remove blockers and drive delivery.
- Any questions relating to delivery of ongoing products will be channeled through this person. They will have a key role to play in terms of working with the business to influence, streamline and report on progress.
- It is essential that the incumbent has the foresight to identify potential problems early and ensure that key initiatives remain on track to deliver to the business and that the CTO is kept fully informed and apprised of any developments which may impact on service or project delivery to internal or external customers.
- Manage the Product Owner organisation driving the Travix product roadmap and strategy.
- Maintain frequent and appropriate levels of communication with key stakeholders to ensure that all parties are kept appraised of product roadmaps and future plans.
- Create and deliver a product strategy for a multi-channel customer experience.
- Responsible for the overall management of cost, schedule, scope, function, and risk across IT projects.
- Manage and improve the portfolio process.
- Oversee the delivery of strategic projects on a case by case basis.
- Maintain a view of all work underway and be able to assess impact of new opportunities to the roadmap.
- Motivate the software delivery and infrastructure teams and functions to deliver exceptional products, services and solutions.
- Improve quality of product delivery through strong management and encourage appropriate use of technology across all facets of the business.
- Support and facilitate the coaching of staff in all areas of the business in product delivery best practice.
- Facilitate and enable the cross-project coordination of efforts by several teams including development.
- Ensure the best-practice communication of project milestones, progress, risks.
- Proactively gain competitor insights through attendance at technical conferences, forum contribution and relevant business network community activity.
- Actively network across peer groups to gain knowledge and improve technical and strategic advantage.
- Seek to promote Travix as an employer of choice and consumer product/service provider of choice at every opportunity.
- Understand and support the values of the company through your actions and behavior - think customer.
What you bring to the table
- Technical or other degree.
- You will have managed a product organisation before in a fast moving e-commerce business.
- Strong demonstrable product and portfolio management experience.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies including Scrum.
- Experience of delivery within a large and complex online retail environment.
- Good experience of working with 3rd parties (outsource) for delivery of products and services.
- Good understanding of the e-commerce/online industry, and familiar with the challenges of working in a high transaction environment.
- Whilst not essential some experience of supporting international projects would be beneficial.
- A proven innovator who can see problems through to resolution and come up with pragmatic solutions.
- Strong people management experience, including competency in performance management and team leadership. Ability to energize a team through trust, integrity, strength of vision and dynamism.
- Tenacious - able to resolve issues through collaboration and grit.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong strategic and commercial approach.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to explain complex IT issues in clear jargon-free language.
- Determined achiever who focuses their efforts on delivering outcomes rather than creating journeys.
- Concerned team player, who places great emphasis on collective achievement within his/her team and their peer network. Able to recognize and reward individual and team contributions.
- Strategic IT and budgetary experience.
- Adept at influencing, managing and working alongside internal stakeholders and key external service partners, in the delivery of business change, process innovation and new and innovative IT services.
- Demonstrably strong program management skills.
- A solid technical pedigree, and customer focused mindset, will support the successful delivery of complex business critical IT services.
- A ‘hands on’ ability with strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to initiate and manage change in a way which enhances company performance.
- Able to demonstrate strategic thinking and planning ability, whilst being tactically responsive to changing needs.
- Experienced in delivering exceptional results by focusing the team on the vision, values, key objectives and personal contribution required.
- Above all, he or she will focus their own energy, and that of others, on achieving objectives that support the long term success of the business.
What you can expect\
Monthly salary, holiday allowance, and other great benefits
Travel costs covered to the office, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances
Dedicated training for personal development
A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you
Option to follow fun Dutch language courses @ Travix with your colleagues
There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
30.5 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures
Top floor offices in the centre of Amsterdam, next to Central Station
Nice to have perks: Free fruit, company bar & free beer, foosball / table tennis competitions, great company events, good food and team activities.
Of course you are! Do you recognize yourself in the above profile, we look forward receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button. For more information about the vacancy and the application process you can contact Lennard Parlevliet (Talent Acquisition Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.