Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies managing an extensive portfolio of travel-focused websites operating under the brand names CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama. All our brands provide both search and book capability for flight combinations worldwide on both legacy and low cost airlines. In addition, our booking websites offer attractive pricing for hotels, rental cars and other ancillary products such as insurances, airport parking & transfers. We operate our five brands in 37 countries, employ more than 550 people with over 50 different nationalities worldwide. Travix has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, India, Curaçao, Singapore, the UK and the USA.
Building Products at Travix
This role is within our Payment team. Travix is starting a new project for which they are setting up a new payment system from scratch. No use of older systems! The customer is at the heart of everything we do. We continuously enhance, test and improve our offering of services to grow our business and deliver an excellent experience throughout the customer journey.
Together with the leaders in the Commercial team you will bring our cross-sell products to the next level. Our team has high energy and operates in a fast-paced environment where you constantly have to balance priorities. You’ll never work alone: collaboration is key to getting the job done. You will work together with almost all other departments across Travix.
As Product Owner (PO) you will create a product vision, based on customer needs and business goals. You will convey your vision to the development team and will create a product backlog (prioritised list of stories) to break down into sprints. Your role is to bring into reality and deliver products and features which will enhance the customer experience and generate additional value for Travix. At Travix we work in an agile way with the Scrum framework. We move fast and deliver features in every sprint.
You will set clear goals and envision / execute on the Payments product roadmap. Together with your team you will design, develop and deliver solutions that support the global Travix business. You will work closely with cross-functional teams in Technology, Design, Finance and Operations. Moreover you will work closely with strategic partners. As a Product Owner you will play a pivotal role in realising Travix’ ambition of being best in flights in the global Online Travel Agent market.
· You will be building and enhancing our capability in selling flights and related products such as luggage, seats and many other new products our airline partners distribute to our customers around the globe.
· Translate the business needs to product vision / strategy and effectively convey the vision to your development team. Add your own flair and energy to this process to optimize the capability and profitability of your products.
· Be obsessed by the customer and constantly looking into enhancing and improving the customer experience.
· Create & maintain product roadmap based on business priorities, and a prioritized product backlog.
· Follow (and improve) the product development process based on Scrum Methodology with your own Scrum Team.
· Improve product performance by clearly defined goals and KPI’s to drive product success.
· Closely collaborate with the Commerce Team, fellow Product Owners and Technology to deliver results
What you bring to the table
· You are an entrepreneur at heart with a drive to deliver new products and features to your customers
· Bachelor or Master degree in Marketing, Business, IT or Economics
· 5 years of experience delivering successful and innovative consumer internet products as Product Owner
· Ability to research & deliver complex business requirements
· A customer oriented mindset and the drive to always deliver the best possible user experience
· Great stakeholder management
· Ability to quickly adapt to rapidly evolving and changing business priorities, along with delivering programs leveraging technology and innovation
· A result driven team player
· You are able to work in a data driven way
· Great communication and presentation skills
· Fluent written and spoken English is essential, Dutch is a plus.
What you can expect
· Monthly salary, holiday allowance, and other great benefits
· Travel costs covered to the office, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances
· Dedicated training for personal development
· A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you
· Option to follow fun Dutch language courses @ Travix with your colleagues
· There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
· 30.5 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures
· Top floor offices in the centre of Amsterdam, next to Central Station
· Nice to have perks: Free fruit, company bar & free beer, foosball / table tennis competitions, great company events, good food and team activities.
Of course you are! Do you recognize yourself in the profile, we look forward receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button. For more information about the vacancy and the application process you can contact Linh Nguyen Tien - Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org