Travix is a global online travel company operating in 28 countries from offices in the Netherlands, Germany, India, Singapore and the USA. With our 5 brands (CheapTickets.nl, BudgetAir, Vayama, Vliegwinkel and Flugladen) and an extensive portfolio of 35 websites we are market leader in several countries and growing rapidly on all continents. We are passionate about what we do. On a daily basis we help thousands of people to find the best flights. We inspire them and guide them through their travel journey.
The Travix development organisation teams are continuously delivering new features in a fully automated test and deploy environment. Currently the agile teams work closely with their Product Owners and each team has an allocated scrum master that is, in most cases, one of the developers from each respective scrum team. Teams are in the main following scrum but there are a few that have adopted kanban. Development teams are based in a number of locations, Amsterdam (NL) and London(UK).
Scrum Master Responsibilities
As a Scrum Master, you are part of one or more scrum teams, where you are responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted. You do this by ensuring that the Scrum Team adheres to Scrum theory, practices, and rules. As a Scrum Master you are a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. By coaching the Team in self-organisation and cross-functionality. By helping the Development Team to create high-value products and by removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress . You identify trade-offs between short and long term benefits to drive shared vision between the Development Team and Product Owner. You foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt.
As a Scrum Master you support the Product Owner in effective Product Backlog management and helping the Team to understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items. And you help the Product Owner in understanding product planning and to ensure the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximise value . You help the Product Owner in understanding and practicing agility and facilitating Scrum events as required.
What you bring to the table:
We are looking for people with a flexible and results-oriented mentality, who love to develop new things and are enthusiastic about their area of expertise!
We think it’s important you have:
● Solid knowledge on Scrum theory and principles and the Scrum framework: roles, rules and artifacts.
● Experience working in Agile software development settings and teams
● 2+ years of Scrum Master or Agile Coach experience in medium to large scaled organisation.
In addition, we are looking for you to bring some of the following:
● Certified Professional Scrum Master ( PSM I & PSM II ) or Certified Scrum Practitioner ( CSP )
● Strong communication skills – Able to propagate information promptly, clearly, and unambiguously.
● Experience with servant leadership and other leadership styles. Good skills and knowledge of servant
leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment,
and increasing transparency.
● Excellent problem-solving , organisational and analytical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor team all
roles on a Scrum Team
● Ability to deal with complexity and change .
● Skilled in building relationships and navigating through organisations.
● Experience in how to kickstart a new team, organising a team kickoff and team building activities.
● Experience with different coaching techniques, giving and receiving feedback.
● Experience in facilitating retrospectives .
● Experience with JIRA and how tools and metrics can help your team.
● Eager to continuously learn and improve .
● Exposure to software engineering
What you can expect
● We have technically challenging green-field projects
● Your software is used everyday by thousands of consumers around the world
● Monthly salary, holiday allowance, and other great benefits !
● A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you!
● There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
● 30 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!
Of course you are! Do you recognize yourself in the profile, we look forward receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button.