Travix is a global online travel company operating in 28 countries from offices in the Netherlands, Germany, India, Singapore and the USA. With our 5 brands and an extensive portfolio of 35 websites we are market leader in several countries and growing rapidly on all continents. We are passionate about what we do. On a daily basis we help thousands of people to find the best flights. We inspire them and guide them through their travel journey.
Senior General Ledger Accountant – Amsterdam
As the General Ledger Accountant your responsibilities include GL accounting for one or more entities and closing the month end in an accurate and timely manner. We are looking for a self starter who is detailed, but can also take a step back to understand overall figures and processes.
The Finance team is a group of 20 enthusiastic people in various locations. The General Ledger Accountant is a position in which you can grow based on your own drive and ambition.
- Month end close for multiple entities in an complex Online environment
- Intercompany account reconciliations with group companies
- Compliance with tax legislation and other legal obligations
- Monitor and verify the registration of financial transactions
- Analyse of financial data and accounts in order to prepare reports e.g. balance sheet, profit and loss statements
- Works closely with and supports the Business Controllers during month closing as well as cooperating with Treasury and other departmental colleagues
What you bring to the table
- Completed Bachelor level, with an accounting background
- 3-5 years of GL experience in a multi-entity environment
- Strong EXCEL skills
- Strong communicator who is pro-active, dynamic and willing to step in and help out when necessary
- Accurate, analytical and an independent worker with multitask talent; jump from one task to another and enjoy doing so 🙂
- Master of the Travix Traits of Success!
What you can expect
- Competitive salary, holiday allowance, and other great benefits!
- Covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances!
- A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you!
- Follow fun Dutch language courses @ Travix with your colleagues!
- There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
- 30.5 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!
- Top floor offices in the centre of Amsterdam, next to Central Station!
- Nice to have perks: Free fruit, company bar & free beer, foosball / table tennis competitions, great company events, good food and team activities.
Of course you are! Do you recognize yourself in the above profile, we look forward receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button. You can also send your resume & motivation to Sjors van Lieshout (Talent Acquisition Manager) at Slieshout@travix.com