Who are we?
Travix is a global online travel company operating in 39 countries from offices in the Netherlands, Australia, Curaçao, Germany, India, Singapore, the UK and the USA. With our 5 brands and an extensive portfolio of 43 websites we are market leader in several countries and growing rapidly on all continents.
For our Headquarters in Amsterdam, we are looking for a:
Senior Business Controller
The challenge for the Business Controller role is to become an informed and effective Partner to the Commercial and Marketing Teams. To be able to distil data into actionable insights, operate with a level of precision needed in a high volume low margin business and ultimately drive the business to deliver results.
- Provide strong Finance support and analysis across the business, including variance, trend and root cause in-depth analysis on the status of the business.
- Continuously review the business, leveraging existing visualization tooling and analysis, and driving new reporting initiatives in a high-paced online 24/7 environment
- Provide actionable recommendations to the Commercial Teams which are precise and grounded in data and evidence.
- Drive forecast accuracy through solid forecasting and planning processes.
- Evaluate and challenge new and existing commercial partnerships to increase profitability and reduce business risk.
- Develop cross functional relationships to further share knowledge and best practice across geographic regions and throughout the business.
- Active role in driving the cadence of the Business through regular Business Reviews, Management Briefings and Financial Forecasts.
What you bring to the table?
- Master's degree, studying for or completed Accounting Qualification such as RA, RC or CIMA preferred
- 5-7+ years of experience of which 3-5 years of work experience in a similar job
- Ambitious, driven and known to show initiative
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English;
- Independent and capable of taking initiative: The ability to take ownership of challenges and work tenaciously to overcome obstacles.
- Logical in thought, able to bring structure and prioritization to help solve complex problems.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, holiday allowance, annual bonus, and other great benefits!
- Covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances!
- A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you!
- Follow fun Dutch language courses @ Travix with your colleagues!
- There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
- Top floor offices in the centre of Amsterdam, next to Central Station!
Why work at Travix?
- Your contribution is visible and will significantly contribute to our results
- Our working environment supports initiative and values your ideas
- You work for and contribute to a number of renowned brands
- Our websites are used every day by hundred thousands of consumers around the world
- You will have a lot of responsibility and also the freedom to plan your own work
- Travix is an informal organization, where we value high performance and having fun at the same time.
Of course you are! Do you recognize yourself in the above profile, we look forward receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button. This is what our recruitment process looks like!