Travix is a global online travel company operating in 39 countries from offices in the Netherlands, Australia, Curaçao, Germany, India, Singapore, the UK and the USA. With our 5 brands and an extensive portfolio of 43 websites we are market leader in several countries and growing rapidly on all continents. We are passionate about what we do. On a daily basis we help thousands of people to find the best flights. Since April 2020 Travix is part of the Trip.com group.
For our Amsterdam office we are looking for a Teamlead General Ledger Accounting
As a Teamlead General Ledger Accounting you will work in a team of GL accountants. Together with the team your responsibilities include GL accounting for a number of processes and a number of entities. Furthermore, you perform the month end closing in an accurate and timely manner. You know how to structure and prioritize your work according to deadlines. Besides the daily routines, there is a strong focus on improving processes.
We are looking for a self starter who is detailed, but can also take a step back to understand overall figures and processes. In this role you will be reporting to the Finance Director.
The Finance team is a group of appr. 25 enthusiastic people in various locations. The Teamlead General Ledger Accounting is a position in which you can grow based on your own drive and ambition.
- Month end close for multiple processes and entities in an complex Online environment
- Day to day finance and accounting to ensure that financial accounting is in line with tax, legal and internal procedures
- Analyze financial data and accounts in order to prepare reports e.g. balance sheet, profit and loss statements
- Keeping specifications and sub-administrations up-to-date at all times in order to be accountable for the reliability of reports
- Intercompany account reconciliations with group companies
- Works closely with and supports the (Business) Controllers during month closing as well as cooperating with Treasury and other departmental colleagues
- Actively drive continuous process improvements and innovations
- Leading and managing a small team, including performance management
Your profile (must haves)
- Completed Bachelor level, with extensive experience in accounting
- 5 years of GL experience in a multi-entity environment
- Strong EXCEL skills
- Strong communicator who is pro-active, dynamic and willing to step in and help out when necessary
- Accurate, analytical and an independent worker with multitask talent; jump from one task to another and enjoy doing so :-)
- Great people and team leader
- Self assured with a “can do” mentality – ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible with no 9-5 mentality
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Fluent in English, Dutch is an advantage
- Working experience in an Online company is an advantage
- Fulltime available
What do we offer?
Travix offers you a challenging job in an open, informal and dynamic environment with many opportunities to develop your career. The employment conditions we offer may be described as competitive. Your working location will be in the centre of Amsterdam in the IJ-tower close to the Central Station.
Why work at Travix?
- Your contribution is visible and will significantly contribute to our results
- Our working environment supports initiative and values your ideas
- You work for and contribute to a number of renowned brands
- Our websites are used every day by hundred thousands of consumers around the world
- You will have a lot of responsibility and also the freedom to plan your own work
- Travix is an informal organization, where we value high performance and having fun at the same time.
Of course you are! Do you recognize yourself in the above profile, we look forward to receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button. Please note that an EXCEL and Accounting test can be part of the selection process.