Senior Business Rules Development Specialist
As Senior Business Rules Development Specialist at Travix, you’ll be responsible for developing new business logic and enhancing existing rules through a variety of tools which help our business to keep pace with changing marketplace conditions and our customer’s needs.
You will spend your day speaking with the business teams to understand their requirements, you’ll work alongside our pricing teams to help make our websites more profitable, with our product support teams to ensure we are compliant with the airline and industry regulations. You’ll work with our engineering teams to help determine how business rules should be implemented for new products and features and our financial teams to improve the accuracy of their data and reporting.
In this role, you’ll be contributing to several major projects at any given time and be a critical link between those driving our profits and those building our software and products.
- Ownership of all our business rules engines, and the algorithms that sit within them
- Develop, test and maintain business logic to manage our products and features
- Engage with business users to improve our existing business rules application
- Collaborate closely with technology and business stakeholders to tailor business logic to achieve company goals
- Main lead for agreeing on rules structure, working with a junior rules specialist
What you bring to the table
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field, ideally you’ve taken introductory courses in Algorithms, Economics and Statistics
- Good analytical skills and a data-driven attitude with attention to detail
- Rudimentary coding skills
- Experience with using any Business Rules Management System software would be advantageous
- Ability to interpret and simplify complex business requirements and discuss them with various stakeholders
- Team player who enjoys working in a fast paced team atmosphere
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and commitments
- Ability to adapt to rapidly evolving and changing business priorities
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential
- Master of the Travix traits of success
What you can expect
- Monthly salary, holiday allowance, and other great benefits
- Travel costs covered to the office discounted ongoing cancellation/travel insurances
- Dedicated training for personal development
- A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you
- Option to follow fun Dutch language courses @ Travix with your colleagues
- There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
- 30.5 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures
- Top floor offices in the center of Amsterdam, next to Central Station
- Nice to have perks: Free fruit, company bar & free beer, foosball/table tennis competitions, great company events, good food, and team activities.
Of course you are! Do you recognize yourself in this profile? We look forward to receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button. This is what our recruitment process looks like.