Product Owner - Air
Travix is a global online travel company operating in 39 countries from offices in the Netherlands, Australia, Curaçao, Germany, India, Singapore, the UK and the USA. With our 5 brands and an extensive portfolio of websites we are market leaders in several countries and growing rapidly on all continents. We are passionate about what we do. Every day we help thousands of people to find the best flights. We inspire them and guide them through their travel journey.
As one of 5 Product Owners in the Air Team You will be building and enhancing our capability in selling flights and related products to our customers around the globe. You will work with senior team members to create a product vision, based on customer needs and business goals. You will convey your vision to the development team and will create a product backlog (prioritized list of stories) to break down into sprints. Together with your team you will design, develop and deliver flight solutions that support the global Travix business. You will work closely with cross-functional teams in Technology, Design, Finance, and Operations. As a Product Owner, you will play a pivotal role in realizing Travix’ ambition of being best in flights in the global Online Travel Agent market.
- Contributes to Value Stream Vision and Roadmap
- Close collaboration with business owners and development team(s)
- Responsible with business owners and stakeholders for development of business cases
- Analyze market and competitive conditions, laying out a product vision that delivers value based on customer demands
- Generates new ideas that will achieve key objectives for the product line and business
- Responsible for building, editing, maintaining and implementation of Team’s Product Backlog
- Source for story detail and priorities
- Responsible for accepting final iteration plans
- Validates stories meet acceptance criteria and comply with the Definition of Done, assuring a level of quality
- Stakeholder Management
- Coordination of dependencies with other teams
What you bring to the table
- You are an entrepreneur at heart with a drive to deliver new products and features to your customers
- At least 3 years experience of working as a product owner
- Travel/air related experience a plus
- Bachelor or Master degree in Marketing, Business, IT or Economics
- Ability to research & deliver complex business requirements
- A customer-oriented mindset and the drive to always deliver the best possible user experience
- Great stakeholder management
- Ability to quickly adapt to rapidly evolving and changing business priorities, along with delivering programs leveraging technology and innovation
- A result driven team player
- You are able to work in a data-driven way
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential, Dutch is a plus.
What you can expect
- A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you
- There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
- 30.5 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures
- Top floor offices in the center of Amsterdam, next to Central Station
- Nice to have perks: Free fruit, company bar & free beer, foosball/table tennis competitions, great company events, good food, and team activities.