Travix is a global online travel company operating in over 40 countries from offices in the Netherlands, Germany, UK, India, Singapore and the USA. With our 5 brands and an extensive portfolio of 40+ websites we are the market leader in several countries and growing rapidly on all continents. We are passionate about what we do. On a daily basis, we help thousands of people to find the best flights. We inspire them and guide them through their travel journey.
As part of our team, you will be able to work on the Corporate Infrastructure and to make our People more productive.
Do you know computers inside out? Does technology excite you? Can you manage Windows, Master OS X, Linux, control Android? Can you script your way out of anything? Do you speak TCP? Have you ever dropped all tables? Can you defend your view on Pirates vs. Ninjas? Is it all about the Pentiums? Can you make other people understand what you think? Do you like solving problems? Can you think while you talk? Do you walk the talk? Are you still there ☺
While you don’t need to tick *all* the boxes, we are looking for super smart tech-savvy Systems Support Engineers to join our team in our Amsterdam-based office and to be our first point of contact.
This covers a wide range of problems across a broad variety of types of software and infrastructure.
Being a Systems Support Engineer at Travix is a great opportunity for anyone who thrives on solving technical problems and helping people.
- Ensure continues IT Operations to all Travix business functions by providing 1st & 2nd IT support. The office is in Amsterdam, but we provide IT support also for Oosterhout, Berlin, Amsterdam and other locations
- Ability to prioritize and categorize tickets. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Optimize IT processes
- Managing the IT equipment (working stations - PCs, laptops, mobile devices, etc) and software according to company policies
- Organizing maintenance of work stations - PCs, laptops, mobile devices and IT office equipment. Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Working with external suppliers of services to ensure cost-effective delivery of maintenance services.
- Ensuring Customer/Client Service Quality
- Improving end-user productivity by access to professional support service
- Leading and participating in different IT projects
What you bring to the table:
- 2 – 4 years of experience in engineering / helpdesk / desktop support .
- Disciplined, Self-driven and focused on getting results.
- Quickly learn new things and adapting to change.
- Ability to communicate with different groups of people; Focus on Customer Satisfaction.
- Knowledge of Windows, Mac OS, experience with PC maintenance, Active Directory, Network troubleshooting, Maintenance of Windows Servers.
- Knowledge of Linux OS, Chrome is a plus
- Good written and spoken English
- passionate about technology
- a quick learner
- love to work in a team
- smart and articulate
- strong in communications skills
- enjoying helping other people
- serious with a smile
- already eligible to work in the Netherlands and preferably based nearby Amsterdam
We value people with different opinions and backgrounds and encourage anyone who fits the profile to apply.
What you can expect:
- Monthly salary, holiday allowance, and other great benefits!
- Discounted ongoing cancellation/travel insurances!
- A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you!
- There’s a good deal of room to be creative!
- 30.5 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!
Of course you are! Do you recognize yourself in the above profile, we look forward to receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button.