Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies managing an extensive portfolio of travel - focused websites operating under the brand names CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama. All our brands provide both search and book capability for flight combinations worldwide on both legacy and low-cost airlines. In addition, our booking websites offer attractive pricing for hotels, rental cars and other ancillary products such as insurance, airport parking & transfers. We operate our five brands in over 40 countries; employs more than 550 people with over 50 different nationalities worldwide.
At Travix, we take great pride in building strong teams & processes, powered by the latest technology from the ground up, ensuring the accomplishment of our long-term objectives. In our Payments & Fraud Team, we take great pride in our shift to putting data at the heart of everything we do. Hence you will be liaising with our Data Science team and our External Payment partners and suppliers, thereby ultimately ensuring that Travix has the best results through an adequate Fraud prevention framework.
- You will have a distinct and solid understanding of Fraud Prevention within Online Payments (E-commerce) and/or the Online Travel space
- You will support connecting our strategic plan with tangible and tactical execution planning by defining the goals, success criteria & readiness assessment
- You will create insightful reports, forecasts and business cases to enable data-driven decisions
- You will identify root causes of problems and take ownership to collaboratively work towards solutions
- You will join our Global Shield Team: highly skilled & dedicated Fraud Prevention, Chargeback management and Data-Science professionals committed to Pioneering Excellence, powered by Positive Passion to achieve great results
- You will be joining at a critical moment in time supporting 1st hand our transformational journey towards putting Data & Analytics at the core of the Fraud Prevention and experimenting with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning concepts with a goal to transforming data into insights and Execution plans
- You will be effectively empowered to assume ownership and responsibility for our Fraud prevention Framework & process committed to generating further stakeholder value and capture lost revenues
- You will coach & mentor the team by sharing your knowledge and expertise
- Analytics on complex fraud trends, managing complex data sets, data modelling, data visualization
- Fraud platform: Rules configuration & performance monitoring - a critical component of Travix's environment
- Data - Analytics & Research - AB testing - Implementation - Performance monitoring, on- call support
- Create statistical models on all reported fraud cases and chargebacks to identify new and emerging fraud patterns & trends
- Lead & Support the transformational journey to putting Data & analytics at the core of our Fraud prevention strategy
- Analyze Business-unit performance, trend analysis, benchmarking and prepare tactical execution plans on improvement areas
- Actively engage cross-Team, Cross-Department to decrease overall Fraud & Chargeback levels (fraud prevention, payments, technical, product, commercial Teams) - within acceptable Card-scheme program levels
- Processes owner and actively seeking to engage Team and improve
- Team coaching & mentorship
What you bring to the table?
- 2+ years of working experience in a similar role
- Quick quality decisions - real-time environment
- Analytics & critical (structured thinking) coupled with logical reasoning
- Data-driven, Data management, Research, Problem-solving
- Leadership, Coaching, Team building skills - Support managing performance
- Commitment to Excellence, Change management, Strategic thinking
- Self-starter, Self-organizing, Minimum supervision
- Preferred : BSc in Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Technical skills: Advanced Excel, SQL, Python/R
What you can expect at Travix?
- Competitive salary, holiday allowance, and other amazing benefits
- Covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation/travel insurances
- A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you
- Follow fun Dutch language courses @ Travix with your colleagues
- There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
- 30.5 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures
- Top floor offices in the centre of Amsterdam, next to Central Station
- Nice to have perks: Free fruit, company bar & free beer, foosball / table tennis competitions, great company events, good food and team activities
Of course, you are! Do you recognize yourself in the above profile, we look forward to receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button.
For this position, a certificate of good conduct (VOG) is necessary, as you will be working with confidential data.