We are seeking a talented and experienced Commerce Strategy & Revenue Director to lead our efforts in driving revenue growth, optimizing our commerce strategies, and ensuring the long term business top line growth of the organization. If you are a dynamic and strategic leader with a passion for driving revenue growth and optimizing commerce strategies, this might be an excellent opportunity for you.
The Commerce Strategy & Revenue Director is a key leadership role within Travix, responsible for developing and executing strategies to maximize revenue across all commerce channels. This position will require a strategic thinker with strong analytical and stakeholder management skills, who deeply understands the travel industry competitor landscape, identifies and develops revenue opportunities, leads and gets stakeholders to align and execute on revenue growing projects.
Revenue Growth Strategy:
- Innovate or optimize business model for revenue growth opportunities (to enhance profitability, market share, and customer value).
- Establish and manage budgets related to commerce and revenue initiatives.
- Monitor financial performance and take proactive steps to ensure revenue targets are met.
- Identify P&L items and revenue optimization focus.
- Understand and drive airline or supplier payment strategy.
Market competitor analysis:
- Drive revenue growth by identifying new opportunities and markets for expansion.
- Analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and customer behavior to identify revenue potential.
Cross Functional Project Management:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful implementation of commerce and revenue strategies.
- Lead and guide teams who are responsible for executing revenue-focused initiatives. Liaise with Trip.com peers and exchange and implement best practices.
Reporting and Analytics:
- Develop and maintain KPI dashboards to track the effectiveness of commerce and revenue initiatives.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the management team and respective stakeholders.
- Proven track record of at least 7 years in a commercial leadership role focused on commercial strategy and revenue growth.
- Experience in the travel industry sector in a pricing environment is a must.
- Deep understanding of the OTA market landscape and industry trends is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data to make informed decisions.
- Exceptional leadership and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Creative thinker with a results-oriented mindset.
- Great organizational and project management skills.
What you can expect from us:
- You get the flexibility to do your job the way you prefer and maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Find a balance in working from home and from the office (we are currently on a hybrid model) that works for you.
- Possibility to work up to 3 months from abroad (depending on your job function)
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your travels!
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization - where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company
- A diverse and multicultural working environment. Our global team has over 50 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity.
- We have proven to grow people internally and we offer many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, ClassPass subscription/membership, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar, team drinks and company events.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating with five brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama.ie. In 2020 we took our next step, becoming part of the Trip.com Group, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Travelfusion, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes naturally. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips, which goes for our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, cutting-edge technology and an innovative platform to deliver our customers' best end-to-end booking experience. With a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
Make your career at Travix
If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, we would love to hear from you!