As a Commercial Analyst within the Pricing & Revenue Team, you will play a crucial role in translating data into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations to drive business growth and decision-making. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams. A growth mindset is key. Besides gathering and analyzing business requirements, developing robust data solutions, you are also responsible for advising, as well as driving actions within and between teams, creating monitoring dashboards and reporting out to a wider audience in the company. If this sounds like you, then keep on reading.
- Business Analysis & Strategy: Proven data-driven skills with strong commercial acumen. Analyse data and advise opportunities and drive actions to improve our pricing strategy, contributing to sales and revenue growth.
- Communication & Project Management: Upon finding opportunities and developing solutions for improvement/ commercial growth, proactively coordinate actions within Pricing Team and between teams (Product, Finance, Data Science, Sales, senior stakeholders) to realize the commercial goal.
- Technical data analytics: solid work experience with tools such as SQL, Python, Google Bigquery, etc.
- Performance Analysis and Insights: Analyze large volumes of data to identify trends, patterns, and insights that provide valuable business insights and actionable recommendations. The scope varies from pricing strategy to website and product performance.
- Project Management: Turn ideas into actions, proactively liaise with stakeholders within and between teams to take actions together, in the meantime making sure communication is clear.
- Data projects: Work closely with Data Science Team to develop and maintain scalable data models, ensuring data accuracy, consistency, and integrity to support business reporting needs and enable efficient data analysis.
- Business Reporting: Create regular reports, with the support of user-friendly dashboards to effectively communicate data-driven insights and results to stakeholders.
- Innovation: Generate test ideas to improve pricing strategy and revenue growth.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in a quantitative/ analytical role, eCommerce/ Travel industry is a plus.
- Advanced Excel, SQL Experience - comfortable with more advanced data manipulation.
- Experience with Business Visualization tools. LookML experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or R.
- Experience with data modeling concepts and techniques. Machine-learning pricing experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to effectively work with stakeholders across different levels of the organization.
- Self-starter, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive with a growth mindset, always seeing opportunities for growth and improvement!
- An excellent command of English, written and spoken.
What you can expect from us:
- You get the flexibility to do your job the way you prefer and maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Find a balance in working from home and from the office (we are currently on a hybrid model) that works for you.
- Possibility to work up to 3 months from abroad (depending on your job function)
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your travels!
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization - where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company
- A diverse and multicultural working environment. Our global team has over 50 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity.
- We have proven to grow people internally and we offer many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, ClassPass subscription/membership, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar, team drinks and company events.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating with five brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama.ie. In 2020 we took our next step, becoming part of the Trip.com Group, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Travelfusion, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes naturally. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips, which goes for our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, cutting-edge technology and an innovative platform to deliver our customers' best end-to-end booking experience. With a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
Make your career at Travix
If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, we would love to hear from you!