Junior Pricing Analyst – San Jose, CA
The Junior Pricing Analyst works in a small, multi-functional team in San Jose, responsible for the performance of Travix’s online brands in the Americas. Your main responsibility includes defining and developing sales policies, taking into consideration changing market circumstances, legal environments, partner demands and channel-specific requirements. You will also be responsible for market analytics, forecasting and other ad hoc analysis as required. You will monitor trends in sales and demand, design and implement strategies to respond to these changes, and flag issues and opportunities to the team and other departments. As you become a specialist in a specific market you will be reporting and advising management and other departments on strategy and revenue optimization for that market.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative market research, trend analysis
- Leading initiatives to continuously improve pricing algorithm
- Working with cross-functional teams to design and implement sales policies to deliver financial goals
- Maintaining open communication and develop a good working relationship with counterparts in Industry Relations and Marketing
- Conduct data analysis on sales and trend, build monitoring dashboards, support other teams with data-driven decisions
What you bring to the table
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Econometrics, Finance or other related disciplines
- Good understanding of economics, business intelligence, and be business savvy
- Excellent skills in Excel, knowledge of other data analytics software (e.g. Tableau, Microsoft BI) a plus
- Knowledge in SQL and other programming languages (R, Python) a plus
- Good communicator, with professional proficiency of the English language (verbal/written)
- Experience in an analytical role and/or data analysis
- Experience in an eCommerce-company and/or the Travel Industry is an advantage
- Ambitious, passionate, curious
- Flexible, independent, can-do mentality, self-starter
Why work at Travix?
- Your contribution is visible as your decisions drive the platform in real-time
- Plenty of opportunities to make a real impact on the performance of the whole team
- Diverse and plenty of opportunities to learn things beyond the pricing vertical, with tight collaboration with IR, AIR, Marketing, and other teams
- Open, creative, fun working environment
- A multinational team of specialists to inspire your ideas and support your initiatives
- At Travix we reward talent with growth opportunities; taking you from an employee to an expert!
Of course you are! Shall you recognize yourself in the profile above, we look forward receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button.