Travix is a global online travel company operating in 39 countries from offices in the Netherlands, Australia, Curaçao, Germany, India, Singapore, the UK and the USA. With our 5 brands and an extensive portfolio of 43 websites we are market leader in several countries and growing rapidly on all continents.
We are passionate about what we do. On a daily basis we help thousands of people to find the best flights.
We inspire them and guide them through their travel journey.
We are looking for a Director Global Customer Support based in our Amsterdam office. In your role, you will lead Customer Support through implementation and engagement of the Global Customer Care strategy. This resulting in improved customer, people and financial results, delivering above target KPI results within cost budget.
You will also ensure timely and effective communication filtered down to continuously enhance the connection of the remote offices to the Global strategies, policies and changes defined in Amsterdam.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploy and monitor the Global Customer Care strategy within responsible area to ensure global consistency and high standards of performance. Active contribution to the development of the strategy through innovation, ideas and input from the field.
- Establish a customer-obsessed culture by implementing and managing global initiatives and tools that will drive customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention. Ensures sense of urgency and personal involvement with a hands-on approach in critical escalations and strives for structural improvements.
- Lead, guide, motivate, coach and empower staff through effective and open communication, leading by example, regular performance feedback and team building, in order to maximise customer satisfaction, business results and employee satisfaction.
- Adapts and personalises leadership style to individuals or situations and naturally balances transformational and transactional styles.
- Ensure the effective planning and management of resources that will meet and exceed internal and external service levels at all times, and to provide excellent accessibility and service to customers. Ensure coordination and cooperation in case of overflow or virtual setup works seamlessly across CSC’s.
- Builds a strong partnership with outsourcing suppliers to ensure overall performance results are achieved through clear alignment and expectation management
- Manage the deployment and monitoring of Customer Service processes, policies and procedures in order to ensure the consistency, efficiency and quality of internal and external customer experiences.
- Drive continuous process optimisation by identifying opportunities to improve and align with central staff functions for roadmap inclusion, priority and execution.
- Maximize return on investment; measure and manage entity costs in line with the agreed budget through effective scheduling, implementation and monitoring. Support budget creation to enable the above.
- Ensure effective management of Customer Care or other related projects, through contribution of professional expertise. Ensuring teams are informed timely and effectively on projects, incidents or changes.
- Act as an ambassador for Travix’ focus on Customer Experience within and outside of the company. At anytime and anywhere perform the activities and display the behaviours that are designed to deliver a distinctive Customer Experience. Encourage and motivate employee adherence to these activities and behaviours and sets a role model example.
What you bring to the table?
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher Travel and Tourism
- 5 year experience in the Online Travel Agency (OTA) or Operational Travel Business
- 7 years management experience in the running or medium to large Contact Centre
- Adequate knowledge of Care Centre related technology including ACD, CTI and resource planning tools
- Adequate knowledge of GDS's, booking flows, travel process is a definite benefit
- Experience in a multinational company and working with different cultures and/or countries
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Pragmatic with hands-on approach and sense or urgency
- People Manager and Analytical (understanding flows, tools related to process)
- Experienced in Google Suite, Back Office tools, creating and analyzing reports
- P&L experience with direct accountability for functional costs
- Working occasionally in line with care centre shifts-hours to review out of hours operations (OOO availability occasionally)
- Multicultural, multilingual management experience required
- Energetic and positive mindset
What you can expect at Travix?
- Competitive salary, holiday allowance, and other amazing benefits
- Covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation/travel insurances
- A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you
- Follow fun Dutch language courses @ Travix with your colleagues
- There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
- 30.5 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures
- Top floor offices in the centre of Amsterdam, next to Central Station
- Nice to have perks: Free fruit, company bar & free beer, foosball / table tennis competitions, great company events, good food and team activities
Of course, you are! Do you recognise yourself in the above profile, we look forward to receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button.