If you are a highly motivated, results-driven leader with an operations mindset and risk mitigation experience, we need you to lead the Chargeback Operations team. This team operates on the front-line handling customer disputes, chargebacks, arbitration, and compliance disputes while reviewing, analyzing, and adhering to the Card Scheme rules and Financial institution’s regulations, and driving decisions that significantly impact both our customers and Travix.
As a Chargeback Manager, you build, grow and lead the Chargeback operations department in a matrix organization. You are responsible to develop the chargeback strategy, policies, and procedures to minimize the revenue loss coming from customer disputes and liaising with the relevant stakeholders at Travix to prevent future chargebacks.
As a chargeback manager, you must have specialized insights and understanding of data to steer the chargeback operations, to ensure productivity and service level KPIs are met, reconcile the operational data with the financial data and, to influence the rest of the organization to prevent/decrease the number of chargebacks. This means, that the chargeback manager is able to identify trends and root causes, understand the card scheme rules and regulations and the thresholds for monitoring programs, have a thorough understanding of the travel business to determine which chargebacks can or cannot be prevented and defended, and compile all data to create and tell a story that motivates, inspires, and ultimately drives others to create and then implement innovative, and best in class improvements.
Most important tasks and responsibilities
- Develop the Chargeback strategy, policies, and procedures to minimize the revenue loss.
- Responsible and accountable for the KPIs: Chargeback Ratio, Chargeback Win Ratio, Chargeback costs and insurance, team productivity, and SLAs.
- Manage chargeback costs budget, invoice approval, and explain and act upon the deviations between the operational and financial data.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of a team of chargeback specialists to achieve business goals and effectively manage chargebacks/disputes and reputational risk.
- Serve as a liaison for your chargebacks team. Collaborate with leaders across the organization to learn about new risks, capitalize on new opportunities, remove roadblocks, and ensure effective execution to meet all KPIs.
- Actively monitor, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of the chargeback team's performance.
- Coach and develop high-performing teams by understanding and facilitating team dynamics, recognizing, and developing great talent, recommending, and implementing process improvements, and ensuring you have an engaged team.
- Be the subject matter expert on disputes and chargebacks by keeping yourself fully informed and fluent in every aspect of the payments industry, having a thorough understanding of card scheme rules and regulations, and keeping track of changes and any shifting benchmarks that could impact Travix revenue. Also, acquiring a thorough understanding of the travel business and chargebacks in MOR and non-MOR contexts.
- Organize and track dispute data and analysis to effectively respond to and manage disputes, team productivity, and create the story-telling to influence other areas in the organization.
- Ensure the company maintains documentation that can be used as compelling evidence in a given dispute.
- Partnership management with acquirer banks, issuers, schemes, PSPs, and other vendors, or even cardholders in topics related to dispute and chargeback domain.
- Create and Lead the chargeback mitigation plans related to scheme monitoring programs and ensure their rigorous execution to lead Travix and its affiliates outside of the programs.
- Liaise with other chargeback teams within the group to exchange best practices, challenges, and initiatives to minimize revenue loss.
- Lead continuous improvement. Create structure and routinely assess processes for improvement opportunities. Use quantitative and qualitative data to measure impact and outcomes. Lead or participate in initiatives utilizing project management rigor.
- Change Management: Active development of future state vision for your team. Be a change champion to ensure readiness for our declared future state by mobilizing and readying our talent, defining, and documenting system needs, collaborating with partners to ensure they are ready, etc.
What you bring to the table
The ideal candidate will have a background in Chargeback credit card dispute processing, deep knowledge of Card Associations' rules and regulations, and risk management.
- At least 5 years of working experience, from which 2-3 years of recent experience managing a high-performing team in credit card disputes, chargebacks, payment processing, or fraud operations. Preferably in financial services or e-commerce.
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, or equivalent qualification.
- Excellent knowledge of Card Scheme rules and regulations in relation to Disputes/Chargebacks and Fraud & Risk management.
- Business Intelligence tools, like Big Query, Looker, and, Tableau and use of data programming languages like SQL and Python are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, including business writing and presentations. Uses data to create and tell a story that influences other teams to implement improvements.
- Collaborative, reliable, highly analytical partner with an ability to make data-driven decisions and to translate identified opportunities into actionable plans.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize, drive cross-functional initiatives and to guide the organization through change.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment and ability to both influence and develop strong partnerships at all levels.
- Process Excellence mindset, with experience leveraging process improvement tools and frameworks (e.g., LEAN, Six-sigma, Business Process Management).
- Possesses a high level of intellectual curiosity focused on identifying the root cause of problems to generate results and exhibiting the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Strong hands-on mentality including problem-solving skills and well-reasoned decisions with minimal supervision.
- People and leadership skills. A coach that loves developing people, embraces empowerment, accountability, ownership and a high-performance culture creating a team that is constantly seeking new ways to deliver value and a better customer experience.
- Track record of identifying and developing exceptional talent to build high performing, highly engaged teams.
What you can expect from us
- You get the flexibility to do your job the way you prefer and maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Find a balance in working from home and from the office (we are currently on a hybrid model) that works for you.
- Possibility to work up to 3 months from abroad (depending on your job function)
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your travels!
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization - where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company
- A diverse and multicultural working environment. Our global team has over 50 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity.
- We have proven to grow people internally and we offer many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, ClassPass subscription/membership, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar, team drinks and company events.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating with five brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama.ie. In 2020 we took our next step, becoming part of the Trip.com Group, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Travelfusion, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes naturally. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips, which goes for our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, cutting-edge technology and an innovative platform to deliver our customers' best end-to-end booking experience. With a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of travelling.
Make your career at Travix
If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, we would love to hear from you!