As Travix Fraud Risk Manager, you will build, grow and lead the Fraud department. You will be responsible to develop the Fraud Risk strategy and define the roadmap together with the Product Owners and Director Payments, Fraud & Chargeback to drive innovation and new initiatives for the Fraud prevention platform and framework. You will lead a team of Fraud Analysts, responsible for rules configuration, performance monitoring, data analysis with consistent focus on priorities, kpi’s and execution of the strategy.
As Fraud Risk Manager you are highly visible and taking a leading role in the organisation. You are the key linking pin between multiple internal teams and external suppliers. You will be accountable for the Fraud Ratio and Approval Rate, as well as share the accountability for the Fraud Chargeback result on the P&L.
**For this position a certificate of good conduct (VOG) is necessary, as you will be working with confidential data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Travix end-to-end Fraud prevention framework and process
- Define, implement and execute on the Fraud Risk strategy
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver financial and customer experience related goals by designing and implementing fraud prevention policies
- Manage and lead the Fraud analysts team. Provide growth opportunities, build on strengths, challenge team members to develop by providing continuous feedback
- Identify root causes of problems related to Fraud prevention and take ownership to have the team work collaboratively towards solutions
- Monitor key metrics to derive insights and identify opportunities
- Lead initiatives to continuously improve Fraud- and Approval rates to drive commercial results
- Build compelling business cases to support new initiatives and get them prioritized on the roadmap
- Maintain open communication and develop good working relationship with Internal and external stakeholders, such as Fraud Risk Management technology partners, acquirers, issuers and payment processing partners
- Connect with Industry partners like airlines and consolidators to share knowledge, best practices and look for collaboration to prevent fraud
- Ensuring the readiness of our Fraud prevention platform and framework aligned with Travix's Global expansion and ambitions
- Stay up to date with the latest fraud trends in travel by attending webinars, congresses and actively engage with industry platforms and networks.
- Education: Background in Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field (Master preferable)
- Experience: 3-5 years working experience in Fraud/Risk Management in Ecommerce or Payment vertical
- Industrial knowledge: Strong understanding of Risk Management, chargeback life cycle. Experience in a similar role in the airline and/or Travel industry is a big plus
- Collaboration and communication skills: A Team player and engaging manager with good people skills, high emotional intelligence and excellent English speaking & writing
- Initiative and Ownership: Performance driven! Manage and deliver end to end projects with autonomy
- Strong critical thinking mindset: You are naturally curious and are motivated by solving problems, however conflict or ambiguous they may be. Quick quality decision making skills in a real-time environment
- Analytical skills: You work well with numbers and can develop actionable insights from complex data.
- Must have: Excel (Pivots & Functions), BI tools (Looker, Power BI, tableau, etc), SQL
- Nice to have: Python/R, Rules system (Accertify, Riskified, LexisNexis, etc).
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!
- Many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- An environment where you can keep a healthy work-life balance: even when we can go back to the office to collaborate as teams, you will still continue having a balance between working from home and from the office.
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization.
- A diverse, inclusive and multicultural working environment
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar (free beer!), team drinks and company events.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating with four brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir and Flugladen. In 2020 we took our next step, becoming part of the Trip.com Group, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Travelfusion, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes naturally. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips, which goes for our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, and an innovative platform to deliver our customers' best end-to-end booking experience.
Make your career at Travix
At Travix, everyone is welcome. Our global team has over 40 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity. We have proven to grow people internally, we are proud of our passionate company culture and we love to dream big. Ever since our company was founded, our aim has been to create a work environment where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company. More now than ever we are at a pivotal moment in our company’s existence: where we are preparing for when the world is ready to travel again. With cutting-edge technology, strong partnerships, a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
To accelerate this momentum, we're looking to grow our team. If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, then there is plenty of room here at Travix.
Of course you are! If you feel like we are describing yourself in the profile above, we look forward to receiving your application. Apply Now!