Reporting to the Senior Manager Accounting, as General Ledger Accountant you will be part of the Accounting & Reporting Team in Amsterdam, who handles daily activities for a number of processes and multiple entities. You perform the month end closing in an accurate and timely manner. Besides the daily routines, there is a strong focus on improving processes.
- Execute timely and accurate monthly closing activities to ensure correct financial reporting for the main group reporting entities (Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement, etc.).
- Day to day finance and accounting to ensure that financial accounting is in line with tax, legal and internal procedures
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliation process
- Facilitate the requirements of internal and external (corporate and statutory) audits, assist with the compiling of local financial statements
- Supporting stakeholders with requested financial information
- Close collaboration with Tax, FP&A, Financial Controlling and other stakeholders
- Contributing to process improvement initiatives
- Perform other ad-hoc duties and reports.
What you bring to the table
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and a degree in Finance or Accounting
- At least 5-8 years of working experience in an international company
- Proven experience in working with external and internal auditors, including collaboration with external parties in order to fulfil statutory obligations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports as required
- Solid organizational skills, time management skills, and ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn, challenge the “status quo” and be able to “think outside the box” if needed.
What you can expect from us
- You get the flexibility to do your job the way you prefer and maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Find a balance in working from home and from the office (we are currently on a hybrid model) that works for you.
- Possibility to work up to 3 months from abroad (depending on your job function)
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your travels!
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization - where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company
- A diverse and multicultural working environment. Our global team has over 50 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity.
- We have proven to grow people internally and we offer many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, ClassPass subscription/membership, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar, team drinks and company events.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies managing an extensive portfolio of travel focused websites operating under the brand names CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Vayama and Flugladen. In 2020 we took our next step, becoming part of the Trip.com Group, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Travelfusion, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes naturally. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips, which goes for our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, cutting-edge technology and an innovative platform to deliver our customers' best end-to-end booking experience. With a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
Make your career at Travix
If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, we would love to hear from you!
**For this position a certificate of good conduct (VOG) is necessary, as you will be working with confidential data.