Travix is part of Trip.com Group Limited (Nasdaq: TCOM), together with Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, and Qunar. We are the leading one-stop travel service provider and one of the largest travel companies in the world. Our group aims to help customers make informed and cost-effective bookings for travel products and services. Our platform consists of mobile apps, Internet websites, and 24/7 customer service centers.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating under five brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama. Our mission is ‘the next journey at your fingertips’ which goes for both customers and employees. We provide extensive search and book capabilities for flights, hotels, rental cars and products such as insurances and parking. With 5 brands in over 40 countries and over 55 different nationalities employed, a global mindset comes natural to us. Are you ready for a new journey at Travix?
As Group Financial Controller, you will build, grow and lead the core areas of the Finance department. You’ll be accountable for the rigour of our end to end finance processes, the quality of our financial reporting and insights and the overall health and vitality of the department. Working with the VP of Finance and the CFO you will set the strategy and direction of the Finance organisation ensuring the fundamentals are delivered and that Finance is recognized as a valued and trusted partner to the business. Your direct reports will comprise team leads for financial reporting and accounting, tax, AP, AR, finance systems, and our shared service centre in Bangalore. You are a key linking pin between the department and the executive team. You’ll also play a lead role in working with peers around the Trip.com Group internationally to share tools, resources and knowledge and build and develop Trip.com’s capabilities in these areas.
- Responsible for the overall health of the core finance operation and the people within it, ensuring the timely delivery of robust, accurate and insightful financial information and the management of financial risk in our business.
- Build strong trusting relationships with key internal and external stakeholders from the executive team to peers within the Trip group to external auditors and other compliance authorities.
- Lead the team through continuous improvement of our internal control framework and the design and implementation of new controls which enhance the robustness of our close processes.
- Key role in all finance transformation activities within the organization - driving change and reinvigorating our processes with a focus on quality and efficiency.
- Manage and develop a team of 6-8 direct reports with diverse set of responsibilities, inspiring them to produce their best and supporting their development.
- Responsible for the delivery of the group audit and other financial compliance requirements in each international location in which Travix operates.
- Ownership for measuring and reporting the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow for the group.
- Advise on the Annual Operating Budget and forecast process working closely with the head of FP&A.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis on areas of potential risk or opportunity in advance of them becoming major issues.
- Support management with timely and valuable financial reporting and analysis to improve decision making regarding customers, resources and spending.
- Provide sound analytical and thoughtful business decision support on ad-hoc investments and other business cases.
- People management, hiring, career development, coaching and training to cultivate a world class financial organization that anticipates results and business trends.
- Elevate and reinvigorate our core finance operations, taking hands on ownership form day 1.
- Set the standard for quality in our financial reporting in all its guises and ensure our compliance bar is met in each location.
- Attract, retain, and develop high caliber talent.
- Develop the skills and abilities of all team members, with the result that they perform to at their highest potential and optimize their current and future job performance.
What you bring to the table
- Experience within financial management roles of increasing responsibility, preferably supporting e-commerce organizations.
- Experience in a hands on financial controlling role with responsibility for closing the books and reporting internally and externally.
- Ability to interact, influence and collaborate at a senior executive level.
- Must possess the ability to challenge the status quo and drive business process and design changes.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate others, and lead change within the organization (within and outside of Finance).
- Ability to work with different cultures and across different levels of people.
- Self-starter with experience driving and initiating change.
- Demonstrates successful leading, coaching, motivating and developing a highly talented financial team.
- Ability to get into the detail while also seeing the big picture.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills appropriate for an entrepreneurial environment where demands and priorities change rapidly.
- Exhibits a continuous improvement mindset, identifying opportunities to automate and create efficiencies.
- Knowledge of HFM, smart view, advanced excel, looker BI Tool are a plus
- Knowledge of, or experience working in, a finance environment which is compliant with Sarbanes Oxley and foundational knowledge of Taxation is a plus
What you can expect
- The opportunity and mandate to take ownership and drive change from day 1.
- It is a Fast working environment and you will get to work close to the business building your team and tooling.
- Excellent employment conditions and numerous opportunities for further career growth both in Travix and in the wider Trip.com group.
- A competitive salary and holiday allowance (30,5 days).
- Many other great benefits, like fully covered travel costs to the office, discounted travel and cancellation.
- Insurances and various company events and team activities.
- Fantastic office location in the centre of Amsterdam, next to Central Station and plenty of flexibility to work anytime, anywhere.
Of course you are! Do you recognize yourself in the profile of Group Financial Controller, we look forward receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button.