Reporting to the Head of Tax, this newly-created role will support and contribute towards Travix global tax compliance and advisory work. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tax projects, with the chance to work on the full global spectrum of taxation, being able to significantly contribute to Travix’ tax compliance framework.
**For this position a certificate of good conduct (VOG) is necessary, as you will be working with confidential data.
- Supporting global tax compliance, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Reviewing and validating global tax returns prepared by external advisors.
- Maintaining, updating and preparing process documentation for tax compliance and cross finance reference guides.
- Assisting with the preparation of our global Transfer Pricing documentation and managing the group’s global transfer pricing policies.
- Assistance with tax audit work.
- Working with internal business units to ensure various tax impacts are known and understood.
- Ad-hoc tax research and projects on subjects such as WHT, TOMS, DST, digital economy legislation changes and many more.
- Analyzing the impact of changes to tax legislation, implementation and updating procedures to ensure we stay compliant
What you bring to the table
- Relevant education in fiscal law, fiscal economics or accounting (with relevant tax exposure).
- 3-5 years of experience working in a tax function (in-house / practice).
- Experience or knowledge of travel industry taxes and e-commerce desirable (e.g. TOMS, airline taxes, VAT on digital services).
- Flexible, confident and responsible to take on a broad and dynamic role.
- Ability to adapt and embrace change with a willingness to ‘learn on the job'.
- A positive attitude and energy that enables you to work in a fast-paced environment, thinking pragmatic and innovatively.
- Capable of working under pressure, prioritizing and coordinating workload.
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and external advisers across the world.
- The ability to work independently, take initiative and create solutions.
- Accurate, analytical and an independent worker with multitask talent; jump from one task to another and enjoy doing so.
- Excellent MS Office skills, in particular Excel skills.
Good to have
- Proven interest in learning about global taxes and keeping up to date with tax legislation changes.
- Knowledge of accounting/ERP system functionality for VAT.
- International tax experience or knowledge of relevant overseas tax regimes is a plus.
- Excited by working in a multi-cultural, fast-growing, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with tax technologies and software.
What you can expect from us
- Transport: Free transportation with door to door pick up and drop facility round the clock.
- Medical Insurance for Self, Spouse, Children & Parents/ Parents-in-law
- Personal Accident and Term Life Policy for employee
- World Class Facility - Cafeteria, Gym and break-out zones
- Special events such as Fruit Day, Fun Day, and social activity celebrations are organized.
- Parental leave is also provided.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating with four brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir and Flugladen. In 2020 we took our next step, becoming part of the Trip.com Group, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Travelfusion, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes naturally. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips, which goes for our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, and an innovative platform to deliver our customers' best end-to-end booking experience.
Make your career at Travix
At Travix, everyone is welcome. Our global team has over 40 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity. We have proven to grow people internally, we are proud of our passionate company culture and we love to dream big. Ever since our company was founded, our aim has been to create a work environment where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company. More now than ever we are at a pivotal moment in our company’s existence: where we are preparing for when the world is ready to travel again. With cutting-edge technology, strong partnerships, a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
To accelerate this momentum, we're looking to grow our team. If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, then there is plenty of room here at Travix.