A CFO, or Chief Financial Officer, is responsible for overseeing the financial operations of Travix and making decisions based on the company’s financial stability. Their duties include monitoring cash flow, meeting with the CEO to discuss the best practices for company finances and coming up with strategic plans to improve their company’s overall financial health.
- As member of senior management, CFO shall assist the CEO and the Board in: (a) providing strategic direction to the company through strategy formulation, decision making, forecast/budgeting and its implementation/monitoring (b) establishing and implementing internal controls and ensuring efficient and effective financial operations as per industry benchmarks
- Take charge of Finance, Accounts and Taxation matters. Ensure that all accounting records are properly and timely maintained, reporting cycles and other associated engagements are successfully performed in an effective and timely manner in accordance with the regulatory and organizational requirements
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidations, planning and analysis
- Develop and direct financial plans to deliver the strategic business plan, company growth and market opportunities and direction
- Define the financial strategy and provide useful financial insights to help make the best decisions about executing our business strategy
- Establish and maintain stable cash flow management policies and procedures, and ensure cash resources are available for daily operations
- Set up and/or oversee all financial and operational controls and metrics within the organization
- Analyze current and future business operations and plans to determine financial effectiveness
- Take charge of projects regarding departments payments, fraud and chargeback
- Support in SOX and IT security compliance.
What you bring to the table
- 10+ years of related experience, 5 or more years of experience in executive leadership roles
- CPA or MBA is preferred
- Strong project ownership and management skills
- Excellent leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Experience in e-commerce, travel or tech industry is a plus.
What you can expect from us
- You get the flexibility to do your job the way you prefer and maintain a healthy work-life balance
- Find a balance in working from home and from the office that works for you (we are currently on a hybrid model)
- Possibility to work up to 3 months from abroad (depending on your job function)
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your travels!
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization - where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company
- A diverse and multicultural working environment. Our global team has over 50 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity
- We have proven to grow people internally and we offer many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, ClassPass subscription/membership, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar, team drinks and company events.
Travix (part of TRIP.com) is one of the leading global online travel agencies managing an extensive portfolio of travel - focused websites operating under the brand names CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir and Flugladen. All our brands provide both search and book capability for flight combinations worldwide on both legacy and low-cost airlines. In addition, our booking websites offer attractive pricing for hotels, rental cars and other ancillary products such as insurance, airport parking & transfers.
In 2020 we took our next step, becoming part of the Trip.com Group, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Travelfusion, Make my Trip and Qunar. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips, which goes for our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, cutting-edge technology and an innovative platform to deliver our customers' best end-to-end booking experience. With a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
Make your career at Travix
If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, we would love to hear from you!
Please note that we don't use any recruitment or staffing agencies to fill this role. Please apply directly to our website or LinkedIn channels advertised by Travix.