The Airlines Commercial Manager will be based out of India and responsible for coordinating and managing daily operational follow-ups with Airlines, Tourism Boards, Non-Airline Partners, Consolidators, and other partnerships. Leading and improving the global relationship with different carriers, other suppliers and consolidators.
- Creating the best relationship with the airlines and partners, negotiating the best contracts and exclusive content. Create value for partners and establish value recognition. Responsible for our own portfolio incentives by making monthly forecasts and business plans to increase our sales.
- You will be liaising Pricing, Operations, Global Marketing and Airline and other Supplier partners to build relationships and implement daily operations requirements.
- You know the competition in the different regions and can communicate and negotiate similar deals with Airlines, Tourism Boards, Non-Airline Partners and Consolidators. And Internally update and communicate with Pricing & Marketing with the practices.
- You monitor sales performance to achieve results and targets as contracted with Airlines by coordinating with the Pricing team.
- You functionally guide the regional Marketers & Pricing on best practices, and together with them you define a strategy for each including but not limited to which partnerships are to be prioritized, what activities are to be considered and which KPIs will be aimed for.
- You are the Partnership expert and as you will be located in India you will also provide local support by attending events and meetings with the aim of signing up new partners or building on existing partnerships.
- You will have global responsibility for reaching set KPIs for partnerships. These KPIs will include budget, number of partners and other deliverables.
- You are responsible for coordinating and managing daily operational follow-ups with Airlines and Consolidators (and other partners) across the different region’s.
- Your daily tasks will consist of negotiating contracts and/or special rates with Airlines and Consolidators.
- You will work closely together with the Air, Pricing and Operation team to implement required strategies as negotiated with the airlines.
- Ensure all the commission contracts / Special deals are displayed and priced competitively.
- You will work directly with our airline partners, Consolidators and any other company within our group to maintain the ongoing relationship and strive for better contracts and rates.
- You are data-driven in your setting of priorities and targets, and present results in a clear and objective manner to track the results at the end of every contract.
- You have an understanding of Airline business and commission earning across the world and are aware of the competition practices in the region.
- You seek opportunities to get new Airline and Consolidator contracts.
- Provide guidance to regional teams on best practices.
- Define strategy and focus per region in collaboration with local experts.
- Create and take ownership of the strategic plan and define processes to facilitate it’s execution.
- Create visibility on Partnership performance and ensure dashboards and reports are readily. available showcasing the partnerships performance.
- Support local efforts in regards to signing up new Partners and where needed also with execution.
- Work with regional teams to solve recurring pain points of Partnerships and campaigning.
- Maintain open communication and develop good working relationships with counterparts in amongst others Air, Pricing, Revenue Management, Marketing and Finance.
- Represent Travix when in touch with external parties and/or attending events.
What you bring to the table
- University Degree in Marketing, Communication or another relevant study
- 5-7 years working experience in Airline Industry
- Strong leadership, influencing, networking and communication skills
- Growth mindset
- Performance driven, accountable, and ownership
- Proactive and collaborative
- Experience in a similar role in the airline and/or travel industry is a plus.
- Experience working with larger budgets is a plus
- Language skills required: English - Excellent in speaking & writing.
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits.
- Many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- An environment where you can keep a healthy work-life balance: even when we can go back to the office to collaborate as teams, you will still continue having a balance between working from home and from the office.
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization.
- A diverse, inclusive and multicultural working environment.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating with four brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir and Flugladen. In 2020 we took our next step, becoming part of the Trip.com Group, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Travelfusion, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes naturally. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips, which goes for our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, cutting-edge technology and an innovative platform to deliver our customers' best end-to-end booking experience. With a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
Make your career at Travix
If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, we would love to hear from you!