For our HR / People department, we are looking for an intern with drive, commitment and affinity with HR and Learning and Development. The People team is by far the most fun department to work for in Travix! We bring in the right talent from across the world and we grow and develop them further. We open our doors for an intern to make a flying start in his/her career in HR. This internship will focus on activities in the ‘Grow’ area (performance management, training & development, engagement survey).
To enable you to get the most out of your experience, during your internship you will be allocated a mentor for the duration of the internship. This will be a member of the HR team who will provide support, advice and guidance.
Who are we?
Travix is part of Trip.com Group Limited (Nasdaq: TCOM), together with Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, and Qunar. The group is a leading one-stop travel service provider and one of the largest travel companies in the world. Across its platforms, Trip.com Group aims to help customers make informed and cost-effective bookings for travel products and services. The platform consists of mobile apps, Internet websites, and 24/7 customer service centres.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies with the brands CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama. Our mission 'Your next journey at your fingertips’ goes for both customers and employees. We provide extensive search and book capabilities for flights, hotels, rental cars and products such as insurances and parking. With 5 brands in over 40 countries and more than 55 different nationalities employed, a global mindset comes naturally to us. Are you ready for a new journey at Travix?
- You will be part of the Grow team, aimed to help the people in Travix develop and grow.
- You will organize and deliver multiple activities such as planning, preparing and co-delivering training days, and workshops. You liaise with trainers and participants to make sure everything is prepared and everyone gets the most out of these sessions.
- You will frequently communicate with people from various departments and locations through email, chat function, announcing and updating programs & events to key stakeholders in the organisation.
- You will expand and optimize our E-Learning catalogue, by building high-level interactive e-courses.
- You innovate our learning activities and bring fresh ideas to create engaging learning experiences for our people all across the globe.
- You monitor statuses of activities, analyze results and deliver reports to the Grow team and other relevant stakeholders.
What you bring to the table
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor or Masters degree and looking for an internship to gain experience in the HR (Learning & Development) work field (Necessary to be enrolled as a student throughout the internship). A degree in HR, Psychology, Communications, Marketing, Business or other related fields is preferable.
- You are a People Person! You have a passion for developing and growing people.
- You have strong communication skills with competent email writing abilities and knowledge in stakeholder communication. Strong public speaking skills are a bonus!
- You have excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- You are a real team player who is service-minded and has a proactive way of working.
- You have an online mindset and you are tech-savvy, experience with G-suite is a plus.
- You are available to work full-time for at least 5 months.
- You are excellent in speaking & writing English. Speaking Dutch is not a requirement.
What you can expect
- You will be thrown into the deep end and will get real responsibilities from day one! Don’t worry, we will support you! If you are looking for a “printing” and “getting coffee” internship, this is not the place for you.
- Boost your Learning and Development knowledge through the roof; you will be able to tell your teachers how it “really” works in practice.
- Become part of a multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you! (we have about 10 different nationalities in the People Team and 50+ nationalities within Travix)
- There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy.
- Weekly personal development meetings with your mentor to discuss further about your growth, learning path and future career plans.
- Above market internship compensation
Working in the office or from home
Under normal circumstances, we would be welcoming you to our top floor office overlooking Amsterdam city, which is located within walking distance from Amsterdam Central Station. Depending on your preferences and on how the Covid-19 situation in the Netherlands evolves, we will be flexible with working out a schedule that works for you - balancing working from home and from the office.
Of course, you are! Do you recognize yourself in the above profile, we look forward to receiving your application by clicking on the “apply now” button.