The Business Analyst - Marketing works in a multi-functional data & analytics team responsible for driving initiatives to improve the use of data and automated processes to reduce manual workload for different business teams at Travix. Your main responsibility is to define and execute a roadmap for these initiatives that will provide maximum value to acquisition & content marketers and to channel experts in the customer acquisition teams by analyzing user behavior & retention data.
You are expected to be Travix’s in-house expert in best practice data-driven marketing techniques. You will be responsible for delivering innovative marketing data solutions with focus on marketing science and automation. Ideally you have developed a solid expertise when it comes to assessing the effectiveness of marketing channels. You are highly energized at the prospect of consultatively solving difficult analytical challenges with big impact and helping marketing teams make informed, data-driven decisions to grow the business.
- Develop in-depth understanding of our internal marketing data landscape, with a focus on marketing acquisition. Highlight opportunities for better use of existing data sources, identify data blind spots and a strategy for fixing them.
- Working with internal (marketing) stakeholders to understand major challenges and opportunities. Brainstorm and execute solutions that involve advanced applied analytics methodologies.
- Independently develop and lead key complex analytical projects such as data-driven attribution and marketing mix modeling. This includes setting up in-house data modeling tools in Python and/or R.
- Scale decision-making tools and produce KPI-driven dashboards to help marketing stakeholders optimize marketing channels and drive budget allocation decisions.
- Run complex marketing queries to pull data, interpret & synthesize large datasets, drawing out actionable insights.
- Communicate insights generated in a clear story and provide strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Support marketing teams with the automation of reporting dashboards and other processes.
- Key focus on unifying and integrating data from different advertising platforms for improved reporting and efficiency.
- Be the primary point of contact for all analytical/investment efficiency questions for the marketing team.
What you bring to the table
- Master degree in Marketing, Econometrics, or another relevant study
- More than 5 years experience in Digital Marketing & Analytics
- Advanced experience with advertising platforms and analytics tools & dashboards (GA, Looker)
- Strong understanding and experience with attribution modes
- Understanding of various marketing analytics concepts & algorithms
- Experience in an eCommerce-company and/or the Travel Industry is an advantage
- Experience of working in consultative business analytics teams is an advantage
- Understanding of programmatic marketing is a big plus
- Strong Excel and SQL capabilities
- Skills with R, Python and statistical modeling is a plus. A willingness to learn is essential
- Strong BI skills. Looker is highly preferred
- Understanding of Google Analytics is highly preferre
- Ability to work with data from different online marketing platforms
- Analytical, problem-solver and solutions-focused
- Can-do mentality, performance-driven, flexible
- Independent as well as team-player able to collaborate successfully with multiple cross-functional stakeholders with diverse levels of understanding of analytics
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate and execute strategy
- Ability to communicate data-heavy insights & recommendations in a simple story
What you can expect from us
- You get the flexibility to do your job the way you prefer and maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Find a balance in working from home and from the office (we are currently on a hybrid model) that works for you.
- Possibility to work up to 3 months from abroad (depending on your job function)
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your travels!
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization - where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company
- A diverse and multicultural working environment. Our global team has over 50 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity.
- We have proven to grow people internally and we offer many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, ClassPass subscription/membership, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar, team drinks and company events.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating with four brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir and Flugladen. In 2020 we took our next step, becoming part of the Trip.com Group, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Travelfusion, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes naturally. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips, which goes for our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, cutting-edge technology and an innovative platform to deliver our customers' best end-to-end booking experience. With a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
Make your career at Travix
If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, we would love to hear from you!