If you have a passion for data, data infrastructure and data applications, and you have the skills to build and manage collaborative relationships with stakeholders and development teams, then keep on reading!
The Business Intelligence Analyst works in a multi-functional data & analytics team responsible for driving initiatives to improve the use of data and automated processes to reduce manual workload for different business teams at Travix.
In this role as a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will play a crucial role in implementing, improving, and maintaining Looker across Travix. This includes partnering and consulting with business and engineering teams to provide guidance and assistance in creating and streamlining Looker reports and underlying ETL pipelines. As part of the BI team, you’ll help develop and lead training and services to communicate best practices, and provide direct consultative assistance. Your expertise and enthusiasm will inspire people across Travix to adopt and innovate Looker reporting to gain crucial insights & intelligence!
- Partner with business users, data engineers, product analysts, data scientists, and others to understand their needs and come up with an end-to-end solution
- Translate business requirements to actionable data tasks (English <-> SQL)
- Provide troubleshooting in case maintenance issues are discovered, build contracts for the same
- Design and develop scalable turn-key ETL pipelines in partnership with the Data Engineering team
- Become a subject matter expert on Looker, both as a development platform and visualization tool
- Hold training sessions, brown bags and more to evangelize Looker and ETL best practices throughout the company
- Be responsible for maintaining security, governance and data access models within Looker
What you bring to the table
- Master degree in Business, Econometrics, or another relevant study
- 2+ years working on a successful business intelligence team
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- Strong technical accomplishments in SQL and data analysis skills
- Expertise in visualization technologies including Tableau, Looker and/or another BI tool
- A solid foundation on data modeling concepts & understanding of columnar databases like BigQuery/Hbase etc.
- Familiarity with structuring and writing ETLs
- Bonus points
- Prior Looker experience
- Prior Airflow experience
- Teaching/training/consulting experience
- Work experience with with Python
- Soft skills
- Analytical, problem-solver and solutions-focused
- Can-do mentality, performance-driven, flexible
- Independent as well as team-player able to collaborate successfully with multiple cross-functional stakeholders with diverse levels of understanding of analytics
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate and execute strategy
- Ability to communicate data-heavy insights & recommendations in a simple story
What you can expect from us
- You get the flexibility to do your job the way you prefer and maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Find a balance in working from home and from the office (we are currently on a hybrid model) that works for you.
- Possibility to work up to 3 months from abroad (depending on your job function)
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your travels!
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization - where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company
- A diverse and multicultural working environment. Our global team has over 50 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity.
- We have proven to grow people internally and we offer many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, ClassPass subscription/membership, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar, team drinks and company events.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating with four brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir and Flugladen. In 2020 we took our next step, becoming part of the Trip.com Group, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Travelfusion, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes naturally. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips, which goes for our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, cutting-edge technology and an innovative platform to deliver our customers' best end-to-end booking experience. With a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
Make your career at Travix
If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, we would love to hear from you!