Do you love data analysis and are you looking for a job in which you can directly convert your insights into actions and results? If this sounds like you, then keep on reading.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating with four brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir and Flugladen. In 2020 we took our next step becoming part of the Trip.com Group family, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix currently operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes natural to us. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips’ which goes for both our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, and an innovative platform to deliver the best end-to-end booking experience for our customers.
Make your career at Travix
At Travix, everyone is welcome. Our global team has over 40 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity. We have proven to grow people internally, we are proud of our passionate company culture and we love to dream big. Ever since our company was founded, our aim has been to create a work environment where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company. More now than ever we are at a pivotal moment in our company’s existence: where we are preparing for when the world is ready to travel again. With cutting-edge technology, strong partnerships, a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
To accelerate this momentum, we're looking to grow our team. If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, then there is plenty of room here at Travix.
Join Travix as the Director of Data Analytics & Business Insights and spearhead the creation of our data analytics teams and shape our company’s data strategy.
As an experienced leader in this domain you will spearhead the creation and support the growth and development of our new centralised Analytics & Insights Team and deliver the Company’s data analytics and business insights strategy and roadmap in collaboration with the Travix leadership and the data engineering team which sits within our technology department.
This exciting and challenging new role is responsible for defining and driving analytics and business intelligence initiatives. This includes assessing the current state of data and analytics capabilities, data quality and governance, developing an analytics strategy, empowering our organisation with high quality insights and self service capabilities and driving our experimentation programme.
- Research and develop strategies to improve our organisation’s data analytics and insights
- Use advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimisation opportunities
- Work in close collaboration with our data science team to identify use cases for data science solutions (Machine learning models etc) and perform advanced (statistical) analysis
- Work in close collaboration with our data engineering team to identify requirements for our data infrastructure
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions
- Develop a culture of experimentation and drive the digital experience optimisation programme
- Design technical processes that enable data availability, reporting and experimentation capabilities
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyse business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise a team of analysts
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting with comprehensive policies and processes
- Manage and optimise processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualisation and communication deliverables
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in product and all business units
- Oversee the data/report requests process and act as first point of contact for data and analytics related questions from other business units
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organisational expectations, and regulatory requirements
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs
- Organise and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analysts and effective collaboration with stakeholders
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company
- Deliver training and coaching to other business units to improve their data skills enable self service analysis
- Manage contracts and relationships with 3rd party suppliers including Looker, GoogleAnalytics, Optimizely
What you bring to the table
- Master's degree in the fields of statistics, economics, mathematics or similar
- At least 3 years of experience leading a Data Analytics and Business Insights team
- At least 5 years of experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data
- Proven strong leadership ability and experienced data evangelist
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analysing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
- Proficient and experienced with the following tools/programs:
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Big Query or other big data tools
- Experience with Optimizely or other testing tools
- Experience with Looker or other data visualisation tools
- Experience with Google Analytics or other analytics tools
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!
- Many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- Training and conference budget available for your development
- An environment where you can keep a healthy work-life balance: even when we can go back to the office to collaborate as teams, you will still continue having a balance between working from home and from the office.
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organisation.
- A diverse, inclusive and multicultural working environment
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar (free beer!), team drinks and company events.
Ready to start your own Travix journey?
Think you have what it takes? Then, we would love to hear from you.