If you have a passion for data, data infrastructure and data applications, and you have the skills to build and manage collaborative relationships with stakeholders and development teams, then keep on reading!
As a hands-on Lead Data Analyst, you will lead and manage a scrum team to build & optimize products and services on Travix's data platform which runs on Google Cloud Platform. You will provide direct functional leadership to a group of data analysts, where you are responsible for the effectiveness and quality of the delivery of data driven products, insights and analytical support. You are a pragmatic problem solver and you will foster an environment that will encourage creative thinking and an environment of innovation. You will leverage your statistical experience and business acumen to develop and nurture the data analysts to create high performing and motivated team members.
Your team will be responsible for data analysis & best practices to provide the business with actionable insights and own the BI platform. You’re familiar with best practices and approaches for exploratory analytics and business intelligence. You collaborate with the product team, business teams as well as other technology teams.
- Providing direct functional leadership to a group of Data Analysts within a scrum team
- Hands-on analysis and implementation as part of the team, developing products and insights
- Working with other managers and leadership to provide technical alignment across teams
- Innovating and creating an environment that fosters innovation
- Mentoring, coaching and supporting the career development of the Data Analysts
- Leveraging your deep data & analytics expertise to coach less experienced analysts and guide them to solve challenging problems
- Nurturing and encouraging creativity, as Travix offers a huge amount of freedom from a technology and ownership stand-point.
What you bring to the table
- At least 8 years of experience in either a professional analytics position or a quantitative academic field, with at least 6 years in industry.
- Master in Mathematics, Econometric, Business analytics or a comparable study.
- Should live & breathe SQL - Strong experience in cloud (big query) is highly desirable
- Experience with BI and dashboarding tools - Looker is highly desirable
- Programming skills in Python: An excellent command of the basic libraries for data analysis (e.g. Pandas, NumPy; Scikit-Learn & Seaborn are added advantages) and Jupyter Notebooks.
- A high level of mathematical competence and proficiency in statistics.
- A basic understanding of the standard data science techniques, for example, supervised/unsupervised machine learning, model cross validation, Bayesian inference, time-series analysis, simple NLP is very desirable but not highly essential
- Experience leading a team of data analysts (to deliver innovative work according to a strict timeline) is very essential.
- A leadership mindset focused on growing the technical capabilities of the team; a caring attitude towards the personal and professional development of other data analysts; enthusiasm for nurturing a collaborative and dynamic culture.
- An appreciation for the scientific method as applied to the commercial world; a talent for converting business problems into a mathematical framework; resourcefulness in overcoming difficulties through creativity and commitment; a rigorous mindset in evaluating the performance and impact of models upon deployment.
- Commercial experience of applying data in driving business decisions.
- Experience in composing a project plan, in assessing its technical feasibility, and in estimating the time to delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Ownership! Ownership! Ownership!
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!
- Many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- Training and conference budget available for your development
- An environment where you can keep a healthy work-life balance: even when we can go back to the office to collaborate as teams, you will still continue having a balance between working from home and from the office.
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization.
- A diverse, inclusive and multicultural working environment
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar (free beer!), team drinks and company events.
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating with four brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir and Flugladen. In 2020 we took our next step becoming part of the Trip.com Group family, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix currently operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes natural to us. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips’ which goes for both our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, and an innovative platform to deliver the best end-to-end booking experience for our customers.
Make your career at Travix
At Travix, everyone is welcome. Our global team has over 40 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity. We have proven to grow people internally, we are proud of our passionate company culture and we love to dream big. Ever since our company was founded, our aim has been to create a work environment where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company. More now than ever we are at a pivotal moment in our company’s existence: where we are preparing for when the world is ready to travel again. With cutting-edge technology, strong partnerships, a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
To accelerate this momentum, we're looking to grow our team. If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, then there is plenty of room here at Travix.
Ready to start your own Travix journey?
Think you have what it takes? Then, we would love to hear from you.