Who we are
Travix is a global online travel company operating in 40+ countries from offices in the Netherlands, Australia, Curaçao, Germany, India, Singapore, the UK and the USA. With our 5 brands and an extensive portfolio of 45 websites we are market leader in several countries and growing rapidly on all continents.
We are passionate about what we do. On a daily basis we help thousands of people to find the best flights.
We inspire them and guide them through their travel journey.
The main objective will be to lead and grow the data science capability in Travix. You will be responsible for development of models, leading other data scientists in the production of models and contribution to the definition and execution of our roadmaps in conjunction with senior technology and product management
What you have
- At least 5 years of experience in either a professional data science position or a quantitative academic field, with at least 2 years in industry.
- Strong programming skills as evidenced by earlier work in data science or software engineering. Although your programming language of choice (e.g. R, MATLAB or C) is not important, we do require the ability to become a fluent Python programmer within a short timeframe.
- An excellent command of the basic libraries for data science (e.g. NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn) and familiarity with a deep-learning framework (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe)
- A high level of mathematical competence and proficiency in statistics.
- A solid grasp of essentially all of the standard data science techniques, for example, supervised/unsupervised machine learning, model cross validation, Bayesian inference, time-series analysis, simple NLP, effective SQL database querying, or using/writing simple APIs for models.
- Experience leading a team of data scientists (to deliver innovative work according to a strict timeline).
- A leadership mindset focused on growing the technical capabilities of the team; a caring attitude towards the personal and professional development of other data scientists; enthusiasm for nurturing a collaborative and dynamic culture.
- An appreciation for the scientific method as applied to the commercial world; a talent for converting business problems into a mathematical framework; resourcefulness in overcoming difficulties through creativity and commitment; a rigorous mindset in evaluating the performance and impact of models upon deployment.
- Commercial experience of applying machine learning in industry; eagerness to work with non-technical functions within the business to understand where machine learning can best be implemented; business awareness and an ability to gauge the commercial value of projects; outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Experience in composing a project plan, in assessing its technical feasibility, and in estimating the time to delivery.
What you get
- Take full advantage of over 2 years of investment in a state of the art technology stack and engineering function, freeing you to apply ML solutions at scale.
- Work on a variety of problems from marketing and pricing to fraud detection and customer service optimization, including the potential to apply cutting edge data science techniques.
- The opportunity to further your machine learning knowledge through protected research time.
- Keeping up with the latest machine learning techniques by attending conferences.
- High level of autonomy and influence at the heart of the business.
- Opportunity to develop and grow a world class team from early days.
- Room to be creative and to build your legacy.
- 30,5 days of paid leave- plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures.
Of course you are! If you recognize yourself in the above profile, we look forward receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button.