Travix is a global online travel company operating in 39 countries from offices in the Netherlands, Australia, Curaçao, Germany, India, Singapore, the UK and the USA. With our 5 brands and an extensive portfolio of 43 websites we are market leader in several countries and growing rapidly on all continents.
We are passionate about what we do. On a daily basis we help thousands of people to find the best flights.
We inspire them and guide them through their travel journey.
We are looking for a passionate and collaborative Scrum Master to join our Product & Technology team based in Amsterdam. In this role, you will work within the Travix Technology team to help deliver a wide range of software solutions to create value, drive efficiency and increase performance for the business. An Agile way of working is key part of Travix’s strategy and you are responsible for ensuring Agile & Scrum is understood and enacted by implementing best practice Scrum across one or more cross functional agile development teams.
As a Scrum Master you are a servant-leader for Scrum Teams, coaching the Teams in self-organisation and cross-functionality and helping the Teams to create high-value products. You foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt.
As a Scrum Master you will work with other Scrum Masters & Agile Coaches helping to drive cultural change and increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organisation. You will also demonstrate your experience across Agile approaches and behaviours.
What you bring to the table:
We are looking for people with a flexible and results-oriented mentality, who love to develop new things and are enthusiastic about their area of expertise!
We think it’s important you have:
- Solid knowledge on Agile values and principles and the Scrum framework: roles, rules and artifacts.
- Experience working in Agile software development settings and teams
- Scrum Master experience in medium to large scale organisation
In addition, we are looking for you to bring some of the following:
- Strong communication skills – Able to propagate information promptly, clearly, and unambiguously.
- Experience with servant leadership and other leadership styles. Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational and analytical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor all roles on a Scrum Team
- Ability to deal with complexity and change.
- Skilled in building relationships and navigating through organisations.
- Experience in how to kickstart a new team, organising a team kickoff and team building activities.
- Experience with different coaching techniques, giving and receiving feedback.
- Experience with JIRA and how tools and metrics can help your team.
- Eager to continuously learn and improve.
- Exposure to software engineering
What you can expect
- We have technically challenging green-field projects
- Your software is used everyday by thousands of consumers around the world
- Monthly salary, holiday allowance, and other great benefits!
- A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you!
- There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy
- 30 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!
Of course you are! Do you recognize yourself in the above profile, we look forward to receiving your application by clicking the “apply now” button.