Are you a passionate developer looking for a place to use the latest technologies in an international company? Then please keep on reading!
Travix is one of the leading global online travel agencies, operating with four brands: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir and Flugladen. In 2020 we took our next step becoming part of the Trip.com Group family, one of the largest online travel companies in the world, consisting of Trip.com, Ctrip, Skyscanner, Make my Trip and Qunar. Travix currently operates in over 40 countries expanding in 5 continents, so a global mindset comes natural to us. Our purpose is ‘the next journey at your fingertips’ which goes for both our customers and employees. We bring together passionate people, global partners, and an innovative platform to deliver the best end-to-end booking experience for our customers.
Make your career at Travix
At Travix, everyone is welcome. Our global team has over 40 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity. We have proven to grow people internally, we are proud of our passionate company culture and we love to dream big. Ever since our company was founded, our aim has been to create a work environment where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company. More now than ever we are at a pivotal moment in our company’s existence: where we are preparing for when the world is ready to travel again. With cutting-edge technology, strong partnerships, a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
To accelerate this momentum, we're looking to grow our team. If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, then there is plenty of room here at Travix.
- Design and build new/complex (multidisciplinary) IT products and architectures.
- Solve complex multidisciplinary problems and contribute to the development of IT strategy, processes, and procedures.
- Be mature and an excellent communicator who can engage both internally and externally with 3rd party suppliers and partners.
- Have an analytical & debugging skill for the development & production environment
- Drive quality, automation, documentation, performance and should be a perfectionist
- Own the new project design, taking into consideration performance and quality practices
- Design and develop, with your team, the new Travix platform
- Work in close collaboration with other seniors, leads, and principals to define and refine processes and practices.
- Writes well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Participate in design discussions, and translate business requirements into technical tasks
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to achieve company-wide goals
- Request and deliver new tools and technologies to be used throughout the department
- Define the standards (eg: coding standards, quality gate, CI, etc)
- Be part of a dynamic, continuously delivering team using Agile development process
- Provide code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object-oriented and functional programming techniques
What you bring to the table
- University degree or equivalent work experience in an e-commerce environment
- 3+ years of experience in multiple environments and technology stacks, from front to back, down to networking
- Proficiency in at least two of the following:
- Functional & unit testing
- Knowledge of any of the following is a plus:
- A balanced view on “best practices”, with a strong dose of pragmatism, while maintaining a forward-looking attitude
- Familiarity with Agile software methodologies
- Experience of working in a continuous delivery environment
- A strong drive to learn new internet technologies
- A high drive to achieve, more than to be perfect
- A high degree of accountability, commitment, and responsibility
- A detail-oriented and proactive problem-solving mindset
- Exceptional communication skills in English
- Experience in the travel industry also a huge benefit
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!
- Many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- An environment where you can keep a healthy work-life balance: even when we can go back to the office to collaborate as teams, you will still continue having a balance between working from home and from the office.
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization.
- A diverse, inclusive and multicultural working environment
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar (free beer!), team drinks and company events.
Ready to start your own Travix journey?
Think you have what it takes? Then, we would love to hear from you.
Please note that we continue to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19.